West Bank of Big Pine Island Lake

West Bank of Big Pine Island Lake
Cold February morning at Big Pine Island

Saturday, January 1, 2011

geocaching at sunset

It's fuzzy -- I know. This was taken with a self timer and the thing focused on the pylon in front of the girls. You can see a screw in the lower left corner that is in perfect focus. As proof, my shoulder is in the upper right corner. This isn't to say that i don't take out of focus pictures -- I just wanted to post this one because I like it despite its deficiencies. The daughter on the right was nervous of the deep ditch on the right. She really didn't want to be that close to the edge. I think (despite the haze) you can see the concern in her eyes. If it was clear -- I could have cropped it in closer, but I think it would have lost some of the intrigue. We were at a bridge near the Stillwater Prairie Reserve for a geocache -- one of the few we've found.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment