West Bank of Big Pine Island Lake

West Bank of Big Pine Island Lake
Cold February morning at Big Pine Island

Friday, January 16, 2015

Gemma the Goldfish

By Kayla Jeffery
One time at a pet shop there was a goldfish named Gemma. She lived in a small fish tank at the front of the pet shop. Everyday Gemma watched children and their parents go in and look at all the animals and laugh when they would bark or meow or chirp or do tricks but the children never stopped to look at Gemma. Gemma was sad because she could not bark or meow or chirp or do tricks to make the children laugh all she could do was swim. Sam the spider lived in a small glass case next to Gemma. Sam saw that Gemma was sad he asked her," Gemma why are you sad?" Gemma answered," I am different, I am not wanted." Sam replied," Well I can't bark or meow or chirp or do tricks to make the children laugh either." Then Gemma said," But you are special you can spin webs and catch bugs! You are amazing!" Sam replied,"Gemma you are special to! None of the other animals can swim and none of the other animals can breath underwater!" Gemma then said," Wow I guess I am special!" Later a little boy in a wheelchair DID stop to look at Gemma, Gemma was soooooooo excited she swam around and around in circles. And the little boy laughed! He turned to his Mother and said,"I want this little fish for my pet!" The little boys Mother said,"Are you sure Justin? This little goldfish can't bark or meow or chirp or do tricks why don't you get a dog or a cat or a bird instead?!" But then Justin said,"No, I want this little goldfish she is special just like me!" And so Gemma got adopted and lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment