West Bank of Big Pine Island Lake

West Bank of Big Pine Island Lake
Cold February morning at Big Pine Island

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Headhunters

I was turned down by a prominent headhunter today.
My military service didn't meet their expectations. So I'm off their list of potential executives. It was a blow to my self esteem, but not insurmountable. If I'd done my homework on the firm, I would have discovered that I have different goals, anyway.
We took the girls out to Bridges of the Past on Wednesday. It is a trail through part of Ft. Knox. It used to be a major route through the area for early pioneers. Now it's a quiet walking trail. The trail follows a creek that cuts through a valley on the North side of the base. You can walk south for about a mile-and-a-half or two miles before running into the fence that keeps hikers out of the Ft. Knox training area. We didn't make it all the way to the fence. There's a small waterfall there that -- after all our recent rain -- is likely a torrent. But it is also up a steady incline that we didn't feel like climbing.
I have another headhunter. At the moment -- he seems interested in my head. I have never dealt with a go-between for a job before. But I'm not opposed to their help.

2 comments:

  1. I think God is just protecting you, so you won't be overly burdened with turning down these inferior positions when THE one ... you know ... the one I WANT you to get ... calls you. :)

    Trinka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being turned down is a great way to improve your preparation and presentation for the next one in line.
    Key is to keep a positive and upbeat outlook while getting the daylights kicked out of you.
    Ain't so bad!

    ReplyDelete