West Bank of Big Pine Island Lake

West Bank of Big Pine Island Lake
Cold February morning at Big Pine Island

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rejection

After almost nine years of marriage, my dating life is a distant memory. What I do recall, is a lot of rejection. I think I was rejected by girls whom I never even asked out on a date. I always wondered if there could be a point to all that rejection. Now I know -- preparation for a job search.
Although I spent Monday thinking about all the parallels of the two situations, I realized there are some significant differences.
Maybe it's just this stage in my life, but I don't take rejection personally. 
Second, I'm more prepared. Kristen laughs at me because I'm reading "What Color is Your Parachute". But I'm able to study -- not only about job search strategies -- but also about the position I'm trying to land. With the Internet, I can research a company's strength in the marketplace and if I could benefit the organization.

1 comment:

  1. There's a great comfort in knowing God is sovereign, and His plans are for our good. Can you imagine how different rejection would be without that assurance?

    I hate looking for work, but it sounds like you've got some good strategies, and good options out there. (Though not the one I wanted!!!)

    Eager to see what God has planned ...

    ReplyDelete